19 – 20 October 2019
Saturday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm
Sunday: 8.30 am – 3.00 pm
Admission: Adults $5.00, Children under 13 are FREE
Contacts: Riki 0458 728 649, David 0417 611 820
2019 Gemfest flyer-2pages [1263 KB]
GEMFEST – Gems & Jewellery is oriented to the whole family so bring the kids along. Considered one of the best 2-day shows in Queensland, the Toowoomba Gemfest is held on the second-last weekend in October every year. Everyone is invited: the Toowoomba and visiting public.
- Bring the whole family: they’ll love the Fossicking for Children.
- Gemstone testing/identification will again be available. This service to the public is done by a member of the Gemmological Association. A gold coin donation would be appreciated.
- Missing a gemstone in your jewellery? Bring it along and see if you can find a match. Unfortunately, no jewellery repair is available on site.
- Create your own unique piece of jewellery: purchase a setting from one available on-site, and select your favourite gemstone. Have it set before you go home.
- Tickets for three fabulous jewellery raffle prizes are for sale (see photo on home page).
- Hourly lucky door prizes to be won.
This visual spectacle shows Mother Nature’s handiwork at its best.
ALL ITEMS ARE FOR SALE: gemstones (cut and uncut), jewellery, crystals, fossils, minerals, opals, pearls, beads and lapidary supplies.
Hosted by the Toowoomba Lapidary Club, some 28 gem and jewellery traders/businesses (coming from Central Queensland in the north to Sydney in the south), have been invited to sell their merchandise. They collectively will put together a visually spectacular expo inside the Assembly Hall. All items are for sale.
Outside the hall, many stalls also sell jewellery, gemstones and mineral specimens. Opal miners take advantage of the outdoor sun to enhance the kaleidoscope of rainbow colours. At least 30 outside stall holders will set up under cover of gazebos, with easy access to inside traders.
- Information for Outside Stall Holders (Tailgaters)
Ensure you make an early booking, as there are only 35 sites available.
All Outside Stall Holders already on our address list will receive their invitation to trade in July.
Please COMPLETE and RETURN the Outside Stall Holder’s Contract and INCLUDE a copy of your Public Liability Insurance policy by 30 September. Note: You MUST obtain your own Public Liability Insurance and you cannot trade without a current policy. Specific tailgating sites CANNOT be pre-booked. Bookings are essential. Those who arrive on the day without prior arrangements will not be able to trade. Gates open at 6.00 am – giving outside traders sufficient time to set up before trading begins at 8.30 am. Sites are 3.5 metres (frontage) × 7.5 metres. Please bring your own tables, chairs and shelter.
Outside trading sites must be cleared at the end of each trading day. Camping is not permitted in the school grounds.
OUTSIDE STALL HOLDER’S CONTRACT indicates the following:
Point #2: I will sell material related to the lapidary craft and my stall will contain more than 80% lapidary-related material. The only second-hand goods offered for sale will be related to lapidary materials and machinery.
Point #3: I will clearly mark any synthetic material as synthetic or man-made. I agree to refund any monies should any purchase be identified to be other than as stated at point of sale.
Public Liability Insurance of at least $10,000,000 is required, and a photocopy of the Contract (signed by the stall holder and the Gemfest organising committee) is the ‘Permit to Trade’.
Request forms by contacting:
Toowoomba Lapidary Club Inc.
PO Box 7858
Toowoomba South QLD 4350
or email email@example.com
- Information for Inside Stall Holders (Dealers)
Inside traders are by INVITATION only.
Currently the hall is FULL.
You can contact Riki 0458 728 649 (Chairperson) or David 0417 611 820, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you can place your name on our Waiting List, but there is no guarantee that you will be able to trade.
NOTE: When requesting to have your name placed on the Inside Traders Waiting List, please also include the following information:
- Full name
- Business name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Merchandise you are trading
- Min/Max metres of table space you would like to have
- If you are not able to trade inside, would you like to receive an Outside Traders Information package?