Venue: Centenary Heights State High School Assembly Hall,
60 Ramsay Street, TOOWOOMBA Queensland (click for Google Map)
Saturday: 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
Sunday: 8.30 am – 3.00 pm
Admission: $5.00 for Adults 13 and over, Children 12 and under are FREE
Contact: Brendon 0432 793 372 (chairperson)
Facebook: Check out Facebook posts for up-to-date information on this event and other club information.
GEMFEST – Gems & Jewellery is hosted by the Toowoomba Lapidary Club as a Toowoomba event for the public and visitors to attend.
Gemfest is oriented to the whole family so bring the kids along. Considered one of the best 2-day shows in Queensland, Toowoomba Gemfest is held over a full weekend in mid-October.
EVERYONE is invited: the Toowoomba, regional communities and the visiting public.
- Bring the whole family: they’ll love the Fossicking for Children.
- Gemstone testing/identification: Due to popular demand, please only bring a few items to be tested for identification – for a gold coin donation.
- Missing a gemstone in your jewellery? Bring it along and see if you can find a match. Unfortunately, no jewellery repair is available on site.
- Create your own unique piece of jewellery: purchase a setting from one you can purchase on-site, and select your favourite gemstone. Have it set before you go home.
- Purchase your Gemfest raffle tickets here, with three fabulous jewellery raffle prizes to be won.
This visual spectacle shows Mother Nature’s handiwork at its best.
ALL ITEMS ARE FOR SALE: gemstones (cut and uncut), jewellery, crystals, fossils, minerals, opals, pearls, beads and lapidary supplies.
- Inside the hall, some 25 gem and jewellery traders/businesses have been invited to sell their merchandise. They collectively will put together a visually spectacular expo inside the Assembly Hall.
- Outside the hall, many stalls also sell jewellery, gemstones and mineral specimens. Opal miners take advantage of the outdoor sun to enhance the kaleidoscope of rainbow colours. At least 25 outside stall holders will set up under cover of gazebos, with easy access to inside traders.
Information ONLY for Inside and Outside Stall Holders
** ALL inside and outside trading spaces are full for 2023 **
There is an extensive WAITING LIST for BOTH Inside and Outside Stall Holders
Outside Stall Holders: what you need to know
NOTE: Outside Stall Holders will receive their invitation and forms in JULY.
- Ensure you respond early to our invitation, as there are only 35 sites available.
- All Outside Stall Holders already on our address list will receive their invitation to trade in July.
- Please COMPLETE and RETURN the Outside Stall Holder’s Contract and INCLUDE a copy of your Public Liability Insurance policy by 30 September.
- Note: You MUST obtain your own Public Liability Insurance and you cannot trade without a current policy.
- Specific outside trading sites CANNOT be pre-booked. Bookings are essential. Those who arrive on the day without prior arrangements will not be able to trade.
- Gates open at 6.00 am – giving outside traders sufficient time to set up before trading begins at 8.30 am.
- Sites are 3.5 metres (frontage) × 7.5 metres. Please bring your own tables, chairs and shelter.
- Outside trading sites MUST be cleared at the end of each trading day.
NO CAMPING permitted in the school grounds.
- All Lucky Dips sold at traders’ stalls must be 100% lapidary related (please, no toys thanks).
OUTSIDE STALL HOLDER’S CONTRACT indicates the following (please read to see if you comply):
Point #2: I will sell material related to the lapidary craft and my stall will contain more than 80% lapidary-related material. The only second-hand goods offered for sale will be related to lapidary materials and machinery.
Point #3: I will clearly mark any synthetic material as synthetic or man-made. I agree to refund any monies should any purchase be identified to be other than as stated at point of sale.
Public Liability Insurance of at least $20,000,000 is required, and a photocopy of the Contract (signed by the stall holder and the Gemfest organising committee) is the ‘Permit to Trade’.
Request forms by contacting:
Toowoomba Lapidary Club Inc.
PO Box 7858
Toowoomba South QLD 4350
or email email@example.com
Inside Stall Holders: what you need to know
NOTE: Inside Stall Holders will receive their invitation and forms in MAY.
Currently the hall is FULL.
You can contact the Chairperson, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you can place your name on our Waiting List, but there is no guarantee that you will be able to trade.
NOTE: When requesting to have your name placed on the Inside Traders Waiting List, please also include the following information:
- Full name
- Business name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Merchandise you are trading
- Min/Max metres of table space you would like to have
- If you are not able to trade inside, would you like to receive an Outside Traders Information package?