20 – 21 October 2018
Saturday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Sunday: 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
Admission: Adults $5.00, Children under 13 are FREE
Contacts: Riki 0458 728 649, David 0417 611 820
2018 Gemfest flyer: available soon
GEMFEST – Gems & Jewellery is oriented to the whole family so bring the kids along. Considered one of the best 2-day shows in Queensland, the Toowoomba Gemfest is held on the second-last weekend in October every year. Everyone is invited.
- Bring the whole family: they’ll love the Fossicking for Children.
- FREE gemstone testing/identification will again be available. This service to the public is done by a member of the Gemmological Association.
- Missing a gemstone in your jewellery? Bring it along and see if you can find a match and you may be able to have it fixed on site.
- Create your own unique piece of jewellery: purchase a setting and select your favourite gemstone and have it set before you go home.
- Tickets for three fabulous jewellery raffle prizes are for sale.
- Hourly lucky door prizes to be won.
This visual spectacle shows Mother Nature’s handiwork at its best.
ALL ITEMS ARE FOR SALE: gemstones (cut and uncut), jewellery, crystals, fossils, minerals, opals, pearls, beads and lapidary supplies.
Hosted by the Toowoomba Lapidary Club, some 25 gem and jewellery traders coming from Central Queensland in the north, to Sydney in the south, will collectively put together a visually spectacular expo inside the Assembly Hall. All items are for sale and everyone is invited. Outside the hall, many stalls also sell jewellery, gemstones and mineral specimens. Opal miners take advantage of the outdoor sun to enhance the kaleidoscope of rainbow colours.
- Information for Outside Stall Holders (Tailgaters)
Please APPLY FOR, COMPLETE and RETURN an Outside Stall Holder’s Contract and INCLUDE a copy of your Public Liability Insurance policy by 30 September. You MUST obtain your own Public Liability Insurance and you cannot trade without a current policy. This will guarantee you’ll be able to trade. Specific tailgating sites CANNOT be pre-booked. There are LIMITED outside sites. Bookings are essential. Those who arrive on the day without prior arrangements will not be able to trade. Ensure you make an early booking. Gates open at 6.00 am – giving outside traders sufficient time to set up before trading begins at 9.00 am. Sites are 3.5 metres (frontage) × 7.5 metres. Please provide your own tables, chairs and shelter.
Request forms by writing to:
Toowoomba Lapidary Club Inc.
PO Box 7858
Toowoomba South QLD 4350
Outside trading sites must be cleared at the end of each trading day. Camping is not permitted in the school grounds.
- Information for Inside Stall Holders (Dealers)
Inside traders are by invitation only. You can contact Riki 0458 728 649 (Chairperson) or David 0417 611 820, to see if space is available. Currently the hall is full. You could ask to be placed on a Waiting List, but there is no guarantee that you will be able to trade.